Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Different Way of Life


I am happy that the direction life has taken me hasn't been a direction with all arrows pointing toward bull riding. I saw my first rodeo this past weekend and I now know that a person has to be possessed with an odd gene to want to ride a bull. I will never understand what type of person would want to strap on a rope to the testicles of a bull, and hop on its back while it is in a full rage. I can't comprehend who would have even thought of that. Nearly every rider curls up in a ball after falling off, fearing that the huge beast might just step on them. I consider myself a risk taker but this is a whole other form. To enjoy this way of life, a person would have to be nuts. These people are adrenaline junkies. I'm glad this different way of life hasn't attracted me.

No comments: