Monday, March 31, 2008

Final Four is Here and Money is on The Line.

March madness is coming to an end and the final four have made it to the semifinals. American basketball fans and players live for this time of the year. Many of my friends have put money on their favorite teams. I don’t understand the fun in the betting process. The men that I have been around who have money on the games have to sit through the whole game wondering whether they will ever see their money again. The people that have placed bets are not necessarily the wealthiest people. They can’t afford to put a few grand on the line, but they do it anyways. The only justification for the madness is the possibility that they might win big in the end. The problem is, the chance of predicting who will win the whole tournament is really unlikely. Teams are prone to upsets in the playoffs. For this, it is way too stressful and risky for me. I will never be a gambler. Watching money being taken from me with the chance of no return is all around frightening.

No comments: