Friday, May 2, 2008

The Future

Sometimes I am frightened thinking about the future. I don't want to be done with college. I don't want to be in the real world yet. I am excited to have my own life, support myself, and to be very successful. I know that I will be successful eventually. I know because, when I do something whole hearted and because I love it, it is always a success. It scares me to think of what I might have to go through in order to get there. Advertising is a very unpredictable world. People get fired and hired right and left. With the drop of a hat, I could go from having a life and a great job, to having to pick up and go somewhere else. I have my doubts about the career decisions I am making. I know I will do good work and continue to evolve in my creativity, but even people that are pretty good when they start get canned right and left. Sometimes I wish I had chose a career path that was a little more reliable and steady. I wouldn't be doing something that I loved, but at least I would know I would always be safe. I'm glad these thoughts only creep in to my mind on occasion because I am so excited about what I will be doing with my life and in my career. I totally see myself as an account planner. It is exactly what I want to do. I have never had the feeling of knowing what I wanted to do until recently. Planning is going to be perfect for me.

No comments: