Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Breakups are tough

I can't hold onto relationships. The only thing is, I still hold onto them longer than I should. I can tell right when a relationship isn't going to work for me but I still stay in it for some sort of verification. Just to make sure.
I hate breaking up. I hate causing that kind of pain. Emotional pain is worse than any type of physical pain. It is worse because emotional pain takes over your brain. Everything you do and everything you see is swamped by the thoughts of the pain and hurt you feel. It kills me to think about causing that sort of pain to another person. Plus, the feeling of rejection is painful enough. It is a blow to the gut knowing that somebody you care so much doesn't have the same feelings. It rips me up and makes me cry just thinking about it. I'm going to be more sure before getting involved in a relationship.

No comments: