Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Intertextuality (Nike)

This TV commercial made me think of many previous events I had seen and experienced. It first reminded me of the movie Remember the Titans and the resolution of racial tension. Along with that football movie, it reminded me of the battling and hardships that the men had to fight through in Any Given Sunday and Varsity Blues. Ironically, it reminded me of Forrest Gump because of the way the player keeps going and going and seems to just get by everyone. Last, it made me feel a little as if I was watching an automobile commercial because of the changes of weather, and the way that the player held composure through all of the different conditions. Its wierd how many different things popped into my head when I took the time to think about it.

No comments: