Thursday, April 10, 2008

Attention Salesmen! I'm your best target!

My car desperately needed a car wash. I took it to the wave wash, planning on spending the $6.99 for an exterior wash only. As soon as I pulled up to the drive thru, I found myself being talked into spending $35 on an exterior/interior special they had. I had no idea what the huge difference was between any of the specials, but somehow I was being manipulated into spending the most possible money. He just kept rattling off things he would add to my package free of charge. It sounded great, I was in.
The same day, I was at Grapevine mills looking at jewelry at one of the stands. I wanted to buy one pair of earrings that I had been needing. The next thing I knew, I was out of the shop with eight new pairs of earrings that all looked about the same, and I had spent way more than I wanted to.
A little while later I was buying looking to buy three pairs of shoes that I was planning to use at work. Like I needed one new pair of work shoes, let alone THREE. Every time I go shopping, I get the more than I planned for. Even in the grocery store I will get the "10 for $10" canned soups. I don't even like soup very much. That's when it finally hit me. I am the ultimate target for any salesman or sale in general. I'm easy. Unfortunately, if someone makes something sound a little better than what I already know, I'm sold.

No comments: