Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rethinking Working Out


I have been working out religiously since I was about 13 years old. It is a huge part of my life. I have the habit as a result of being on competitive sports teams. Now, if I skip more than a day of it, I feel dissatisfied and unhealthy. It is so strange to me that some people just flat out don't work out. I have a good friend back home who never works out. I don't even think I have ever seen her in athletic gear period. she seems healthy, looks great, and has a lot of energy. you would never know that instead of spending her time at a gym, she sits motionless, watching her favorite shows like Ellen everyday. We had a long phone conversation last night and she was telling me about her life and how she parties all the time, has a great time, but never works out. It makes me think, would my life be all that different if I stopped working out. Well, obviously it would be different because I would have much more time but would my appearance, the way I feel, or my general outlook on life be change a lot? I could invest all of that time into something else that I love to do. I don't have the option of testing it out because of volleyball, but I think I'm going to try the nonworkout plan in the future.

No comments: